Thursday 11 March 2010

Water, Water nowhere.

Wow two posts in one day I will have to be careful!

I was tempted to quote the Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Coleridge and say that there was "water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink!" but it would be very far from the truth having just read an article in the paper from a couple of days ago.

It appears from the article that Wolverhampton have a fountain that is not working and that there are a number of safety issues that need to be addressed - the latest being the need for a hand rail to prevent people slipping on wet ground around the fountain!

It started me thinking about the wonderful fountain in Walsall Town Centre which I think I have only seen working twice in the whole time it has been there - on the first occasion I made the comment that I could pee faster and on the second there was foam everywhere because someone had emptied a bottle of bubble bath into the water and it was what the bear in the Cresta pop advert would have called 'Frothy Man'.

I am not sure why this fountain doesn't work but have some recollection of health and safety being in there somewhere - did I hear Legionnaires disease mentioned at some point.

Now here's a question for the burghers of Walsall Council - Will the fountain ever work again or will it end up like the horse that stood for a very short time by the baths and go off into storage never to be seen again? Answers on a post card perhaps??

No comments:

Post a Comment