Monday 20 July 2009

Oh What a beautiful morning

Well it's Monday, the sun is shining and I have been awake now for almost four hours having been awakened by the dawn chorus. I really do think this is a great time of the day - there is hardly any noise, traffic has been fairly light but is getting a little heavier and most folk in our street are probably still in bed. The only thing to spoil the day is that I have to go to work shortly but I will try to hang on until the weekend when I break up for a week's holiday. I am not going anywhere but may do a couple of day trips to Borth and Skegness as we have friends living in Borth and I really like Skeggy.
Any way I was thinking again about when we were kids and how lots of houses in our street had red doorsteps and window ledges which had to be polished with that wonderful red polish from a company called Mansion. They always looked good to me but didn't they make a mess of your dusters?, and weren't we always frightened to walk on the step the day it had been polished for fear of leaving a mark. You don't see many red steps these days but then I doubt if you can get the polish unless of course the betterware man does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment